The Three Monks present ‘Spread the Love NOW!’
Christmas is a time for giving. It’s a time for love, and a time to spread some Christmas loving cheer. Read on to see how you can participate, have some fun and be in the run to win a prize value of ~US$50, along with some really beautiful stories shared.
All you have to do is to write something on compassion. It could be anything you want; for example, your definition of compassion. Still, in the spirit of Christmas, extra ‘points’ will be awarded if there is a personal touch – because we want to connect in compassion.
Some ideas could be what you have done or will do for someone. Or perhaps the best kindness anyone has ever shown you.
With thanks to The Now Watch, we’re able to give some Christmas gifts to the most compelling stories.
We have a total of 6 watches to give away, so the top 6 stories will each be sent a watch, as our thanks for sharing.
Why the Now Watch?
This is one of the most important lessons one could ever learn, one that we are glad is spreading across the planet. The vast majority of our unhappiness is caused by dwelling in the past, or trying to anticipate the future.
Most of our mental suffering is caused by thoughts such as:
The past: “I wish this never happened / they never did that.”
The future: “I hope that doesn’t happen.” “When I get this, then I will be at peace.”
This only causes us more pain, because the only time is Now. When the future gets here, it will be Now. The past only exists as memory. Being in the Now – that is the path towards the end of suffering.
This watch is a tool towards being in the Now – every time you check the time, you’ll realize that the present moment is all we have. And our painful mental habits begin to unravel.
The watches are kindly provided by the coolest timepiece company ever – The Now Watch.
To participate –
1) Write a post as described above. You’re encouraged, although not required, to link to all three of the judges.
2) Contact any one of us, either by emailing, or leaving a comment in one of the judge’s posts.
3) You’re encouraged also to spread the word, tag your friends, and ask them to participate.
4) On 5 January 2008, the three judges will look at all the entries, pick the winners, and publish a list, so we can all share the links and traffic.
5) The results will be posted on 10 January 2008 on all three judge’s blogs. Winners will be contacted for mailing address details so we can send the watches to you!